Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is another wonderful slow cooker recipe that is so easy and delicious. It goes great with coleslaw and cornbread on the side. Recipe is from Family Circle.
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds, skin removed)
- 2 teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- Rub drumsticks with seasoning.
- Place in 3 1/2-quart or larger slow-cooker.
- Pour barbecue sauce and rum over chicken.
- Turn chicken to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours until chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with scallions.
Thanks for a great, super easy slow-cooker recipe. My kids are crazy for drumsticks and they enjoyed this. I may take the suggestions of other reviewers and add a little more jerk seasoning and some lime juice, also more rum, as I couldn't detect the flavor. Thanks for some good cheap eats.
My husband and I really enjoyed this. It was nice and simple to prepare. I added extra seasoning cause we like stuff a bit on the spicier side. Also added a few veggies (mushrooms, peppers and onions) about an hour before it was finished and used the sauce over rice. This would work well with thighs too.
I made this in my oven using thighs and browned them firstly in oil, I also increased the jerk seasoning for more heat, baked for about 1 hour at 325 degreesF, this has great flavor and I will make again, thanks for sharing Lainey!