Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Original recipe called for green beans but I substitute greens instead.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 bunch kale, washed and chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 8 ounces mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- grated parmesan cheese
- Brown italian sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain fat. Transfer to 4 or 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add undrained tomatoes, water, and onion soup.
- Cover; cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- If using low heat, turn slow cooker to high. Stir in kale and tortellini into soup. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
Its a keeper and I will use again. Not bland. I think we have been making this every other week for six months.
This was soooo tasty! We loved it! One small thing though..you have to add the kale before the tortellini and let it cook awhile. I added them at the same time and by the time my kale was tender, my tortellini was mush. Still tasted great and not a drop went to waste. Will definitely make again and again! Thanks for posting! :)