Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
split hoagie buns and fill with sausages and sauce for a really tasty country fair style dinner!
- 2 -3 lbs Italian sausages
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 5 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, frated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- cover sausages with water in a 10" skillet.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- drain, stir remaining ingredients together in a slow cooker.add sausage --
- heat on low setting for 3-4 hours.
This recipe is fantastic! My hubby is very picky but he tried it and ended up having 3 full sausages and tried a 4th, but just couldn't do it. This recipe will definitely be made again. TYVM
This was really good. I served it over rice instead of over rolls and it was a hit. Just needed a little bit more spice for us, but a really good recipe just the same.