Recipe by ilovechocolate
Found on Taste of Home website.
Top Review by lazy gourmet
I really liked this! The meat was fall off the bone tender and the sauce was good - I didn't slather it on the pork chops (I don't care for my meat COVERED with sauce) but loved the flavor from the slow cooking. I'm keeping this one, thanks!
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, and
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- green pepper ring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Top with the pork chops.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, lemon juice, salt, oregano, basil and parsley. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork and keep warm. Transfer mushroom mixture to a saucepan. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over the pork chops. Garnish with green pepper rings if desired.