Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Found on Taste of Home website.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Italian Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, and
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- green pepper ring (optional)
- In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Top with the pork chops.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, lemon juice, salt, oregano, basil and parsley. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork and keep warm. Transfer mushroom mixture to a saucepan. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over the pork chops. Garnish with green pepper rings if desired.
I really liked this! The meat was fall off the bone tender and the sauce was good - I didn't slather it on the pork chops (I don't care for my meat COVERED with sauce) but loved the flavor from the slow cooking. I'm keeping this one, thanks!
Prepared this last evening for DH and myself for supper - very simple recipe to prepare, however the sauce was a bit overpowering for our tastes. The meat was nice & tender as we like it. If I prepare this again I'll tweak the sauce somewhat so its less tomatoey.