Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Found this in a Paula Deen magazine and boy is it ever good! Super easy too. Tastes like you slaved away for hours. The chicken turns out very moist. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) containter chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add dressing mix, stirring to comvine. Stir in soup, cream cheese, and wine; cook, stirring constantly, until cream cheese is melted.
- Place chicken in bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour butter mixture over chicken. Cook on Low, 4 to 6 hours. Serve over pasta.
It says alot if I am rating a recipe with cream of anything-in this case cream of golden mushroom soup this high. I think the wine did the trick. It fooled my taste buds into thinking this sauce had a base made out of something else rather than of golden cream of mushroom soup. I used 5 frozen chicken breasts and cooked for 6 hours. No need to defrost the chicken breasts! Cooked for 5-5.5 hours
I added half a head (a lot) of garlic and 1 sliced onion and sautéed them first then followed the recipe. Delicious and definitely a do again.