1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
7 hrs 5 mins
From Quick Cooking 2004 Since posting this recipe I again made it for supper one night. The tip roast did not turn out tender at all...as a caution I would make this with a chuck roast or other cut of beef that will turn out tender *updated 2/4/08* **Thanks to Internetnut for the missing ingredients - don't know how I skipped those but she is correct*** Added 2/20/09
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 lbs sirloin tip roast (cut in half) or 4 1/2 lbs chuck roast (cut in half)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (or use additional beef broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 0.5 (1/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 10 (6 inch) Italian rolls, split
- 1Place roast in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- 2Combine the broth, beer (or additional broth), water, vinegar, soup mix, salad dressing mix, garlic, oregano, and basil; pour over roast.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 4Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred meat, using two forks.
- 5Return to slow cooker and heat through.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat onto each roll.
- 7Serve juices as a dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 383.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sirloin tip roast
Italian salad dressing mix