Recipe by sherrybullock1
This started out as an RV recipe but I use it all time for my Chicago Italian Beef fix. Rump roast is the best to use. It must be "zesty" not just Italian dressing. The original recipe recommends 24 hours cooking time but this is usually done in 15-20 hours.
- 4 -5 lbs rump roast
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus sauce (1 oz any brand)
- 1 (1/16 ounce) packet Good Seasons Italian dressing
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix water, both packets and garlic. Place roast in slow cooker. Pour mixed packets and water mixture over roast. Cover. Cook on low 12 hours.
- Mix water with both packets,water and garlic. Add roast to slow cooker and pour mixture over roast. Cook on low 10-12 hours. Remove roast from cooker, slice and return to cooker. Cook an additional 8-12 hours on low. Serve on Italian/French bread buns with bell/hot peppers.
- remove and slice.