4 hrs 10 mins
From Family Circle
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless and skinless turkey breast half
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice
- 1Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Place turkey in bottom and pour broth over top.
- 3Mix together curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt; sprinkle over turkey.
- 4Scatter onion, ginger and cilantro leaves over turkey.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 6Add chickpeas during last 30 minutes of cooking.
- 7Remove turkey to a cutting board and cover.
- 8Gradually whisk yogurt into slow cooker bowl; stir in chopped cilantro.
- 9Allow sauce to heat through.
- 10Slice turkey and serve with cooked rice and the yogurt and chickpea sauce.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Indian-Spiced Turkey Breast
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 552.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 54.5 g