Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Put the beef and other ingredients for this classic recipe into your slow cooker in the morning and by dinner, you can just cook the noodles and serve. From DiabeticLiving.com
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups green sweet peppers, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups cooked noodles
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine onions, sweet peppers and garlic. Top with meat. In a small bowl combine tomato paste, the water, paprika, salt and black pepper. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.