Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a fabulous Goulash recipe to be made in the slow cooker. My family enjoyed this.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Hungarian Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed, if desired
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips
- 8 cups noodles, cooked for serving
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Place beef and onion in slow cooker.
- Mix broth, tomato paste, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, caraway seed and pepper; stir into beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high until beef is tender.
- Mix water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture. Stir in bell pepper. Cover and cook on high heat setting 30 minutes.
- Serve goulash over noodles.