8 hrs 20 mins
This is a fabulous Goulash recipe to be made in the slow cooker. My family enjoyed this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed, if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips
- 8 cups noodles, cooked for serving
- 1Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Place beef and onion in slow cooker.
- 2Mix broth, tomato paste, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, caraway seed and pepper; stir into beef mixture.
- 3Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high until beef is tender.
- 4Mix water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture. Stir in bell pepper. Cover and cook on high heat setting 30 minutes.
- 5Serve goulash over noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Hungarian Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.9
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 150.4 mg
- Sodium 961.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 38.6 g