Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
These sandwiches are flavored with sweet relish and are very easy.
- 1360.77 g thinly sliced deli ham (about 40 slices)
- 473.18 ml apple juice
- 158.51 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sweet pickle relish
- 9.85 ml prepared mustard
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- additional sweet pickle relish (optional)
- Separate ham slices and place in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, relish, mustard and paprika.
- Pour over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- Place 3-4 slices of ham on each roll.
- Serve with additional relish, if desired.
Lainey, thanks for posting this! I had lost the recipe, and was afraid I wouldn't find it again. This is delectable! It's terrific for carry ins (always gets rave reviews), and to have ready for crisp fall days! Nothing like going for a walk to enjoy the fall colors, and having a hot meal waiting in the crock pot when you get home! Thanks again!
This will get 5 stars from me just for the simplicity of the recipe. Love these type of go-to meals for the family on busy week-nights. Threw this together in no time and w/some taco fries on the side, the DH and DS's were all set. The flavor/smell was fabulous. I'm thinking a scoop of mashed potatoes would have been a good idea too. Next time~:-) Made for 123 HitWonders 08!
This was a GREAT recipe for the weekend! We are putting in a patio, so the house is full of folks running in and out. I put this on around 10 yesterday moring and it was ready around 1:30. I held it all aftenoon on warm in the crock pot and my work crew (i.e. family and neighbors that got rooked in to this) all raved. 5 people took home the recipe. I will be using this again and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I wanted to add that my "crew" was back for more punishment this weekend and they requested this ham. It will become a staple!