Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Another great recipe for this as I know there are many. Give it a try and see for yourself. I think it tastes similar to Starbucks version! I leave the bottle of Smucker's Ice Cream topping right by the crock pot so guests can use as little or as much caramel as they choose!!..FABULOUS!!
- 1⁄2 gallon apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 inches cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple jack apple liqueur (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- combine all ingredients except topping in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting 5-6 hours.
- Serve in mugs, drizzling a teaspoonful of topping into each mug.
Used apple juice instead of cider. Very tasty! My only complaint is that I just didn't get that caramel taste. Perhaps a shot of barista strength caramel syrup would have helped with that.
I've made this over and over, I use slightly less cloves as per my tastes.
This is great! I have never had Starbucks cider, so can't compare it, but since I can make this at home, I'll never have to spend big bucks at Starbucks:) Made for tag game at kittencalskitchen.com.
Oh so good! I quartered the recipe and really enjoyed the concentrated and so nice and sweet drink. Good all the way around! Made for Australian Recipe Swap-Jan. 2010.