Recipe by CoffeeB
Another great recipe for this as I know there are many. Give it a try and see for yourself. I think it tastes similar to Starbucks version! I leave the bottle of Smucker's Ice Cream topping right by the crock pot so guests can use as little or as much caramel as they choose!!..FABULOUS!!
Top Review by Food Snob in Israel
Used apple juice instead of cider. Very tasty! My only complaint is that I just didn't get that caramel taste. Perhaps a shot of barista strength caramel syrup would have helped with that.
I've made this over and over, I use slightly less cloves as per my tastes.
- 1⁄2 gallon apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 inches cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple jack apple liqueur (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- combine all ingredients except topping in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting 5-6 hours.
- Serve in mugs, drizzling a teaspoonful of topping into each mug.