Recipe by Chef Jessica 87
Really easy southern chowder good for a new years day meal or cold winter evening. Serve it with a green salad and cornbread. Recipe from co-worker!
- 1 1⁄2 cups insant white rice
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the beef, bell pepper and onion in a large skillet over med. high heat.
- Next place rice and beef mixture into a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add black eyed peas, beef broth, diced tomatoes and enough water to cover everything.
- cover, and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.