Recipe by SusieQusie
With an overnight marinade and all day cooking, this warm and hearty stew is an aromatic welcome after a long day. Serve over hot rice with a side of steamed edamame or sauteed snow peas.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wonderful flavor! I only put the meat in the marinade (not the veggies) the night before. I added some fresh sliced mushrooms. Because the mushrooms give off water as they cook, I dissolved 1 tbsp of cornstarch in a tiny bit of water and stirred it in at the end of cook time. We really enjoyed this over rice. I think that a multitude of veggies would be great in here. Bok choy, green peppers, shredded cabbage, water chestnuts.... any sort of Asian veggie. I'll be making this again. Thanx!
- 118.29 ml beef broth
- 226.79 g bottle hoisin sauce
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 680.38 g beef round steak, cubed or 680.38 g beef chuck stew meat
- 2 yellow onions, cut in large dice
- 236.59 ml baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, whisk together the broth, hoisin, hot sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Add the beef, onions, carrots and celery. Toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, transfer meat mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on a low setting 6-8 hours (or on high setting 3 hours).