Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I remember making a crock of this for my husband before I went away on a business trip to keep him fed while I was away. It certainly kept him content and well-fed. I like to serve it over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Top Review by bethyjstar
This was perfect. I only had 1.5 C of vegetable juice, so I added a C of water. I also didn't have oregano (I'm still not sure how that was possible!), but I didn't miss it. My 3-year-old loved it, so that's a thumbs up from me!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 lb boneless chuck roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour in plastic bag. Add meat cubes, shaking to coat.
- In a large pan, brown meat, in batches if necessary, in hot oil. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Add onion, green beans, corn, and carrots to slow cooker.
- Combine vegetable juice, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, oregano, pepper and bay leaf.
- Pour over meat and vegetables in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaf and serve.