Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
OH, the garlic was so good in this roast! We had it for supper that night and then the next day for sandwiches! I did not cook mine as long just depends on your cooker. Update: the photo I took on March 09, 2004 makes me think I roasted this in the oven. If so, I would have roasted it to 145 degrees and let it rest to finish cooking.
- Cut 24 small pockets into roast and insert garlic pieces.
- In a small bowl combine salt, thyme, sage, cloves and lemon rind.
- Rub mixture into roast.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into slow cooker/Crock Pot then add the roast.
- Cook on LOW for 9- 10 hours.
- Use the optional water and cornstarch to make a gravy with the juices.
I marinated the roast the night before, and cooked it the full 9 hours. It just fell apart, a truly wonderful meal. Thanks Kez
Charlotte J you've done it again! Until I found this recipe I had given up on cooking pork roast, it was always too dry and bland. I LOVE the garlic! Wonderful recipe!
Very good! The cloves are such a nice touch! My only change was I subbed the thyme & sage for poultry seasoning, and added some lemon juice to the water since I had no rind. My only complaint is this is so salty. Pork is salty enough as it is, and I should have known not to add any more to it as I never do. Next time, no salt. Thanks!