Recipe by Charlotte J
OH, the garlic was so good in this roast! We had it for supper that night and then the next day for sandwiches! I did not cook mine as long just depends on your cooker. Update: the photo I took on March 09, 2004 makes me think I roasted this in the oven. If so, I would have roasted it to 145 degrees and let it rest to finish cooking.
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 5 lbs pork roast, boneless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 24 small pockets into roast and insert garlic pieces.
- In a small bowl combine salt, thyme, sage, cloves and lemon rind.
- Rub mixture into roast.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into slow cooker/Crock Pot then add the roast.
- Cook on LOW for 9- 10 hours.
- Use the optional water and cornstarch to make a gravy with the juices.