Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
A low-fat stew like soup to warm your tummy on a cold damp day.
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1 lb small red potato, cut into 1/4-inch slices (4cups)
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced (1cup)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- Cut beef into 1x1/4" pieces.
- In a non stick pan add 1T. olive oil add beef & fry until lightly browned, add onions & garlic & continue frying until all juices have evaporated.
- In 5 quart slow cooker add beef & remaining ingredients except water and flour.
- Cover;cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- Mix water and flour in a small bowl;gradually stir into soup until blended. Increase heat setting to High.
- Cover;cook about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Great tasting soup. Will make again. Thanks.
Delicious beef soup. Subbed noodles for taters, used dried soup mushroom mix, a bag of frozen mixed veggies ( carrots, peas, corn, beans), a box of W. Puck's organic beef broth and 1 can low sodium College Inn. Used 1.3 lbs. round steak, but think I'll use more next time as there was plenty of broth. Left out water and flour, so it would be more soup-like. I apologize for submitting this with so many changes, but I wanted to post my 5* rating because it was so good and is now DH's favorite beef soup. Thank you!