This is another comforting soup recipe I like to make in the slow cooker. Recipe is adapted from Southern Living. Sometimes I like to add some cooked crispy bacon to the crock pot during the last few minutes.
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, at high 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together flour and half-and-half; stir into soup.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.