Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is my variation of chili. I usually cook it with ground venison, though it tastes just as good with ground beef, and I am sure ground turkey would be fine as well. I use a 4.5 qt slow cooker.
- 453.59 g ground beef or 453.59 g venison
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 439.41 g light red kidney beans, drained
- 439.41 g dark red kidney beans, drained
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (850.48 g) can tomato sauce
- 14.78 ml chili powder (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 4.92 ml adobo seasoning (optional)
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese
- Cook and drain meat.
- Add all ingredients except cheese to the crock pot.
- Mix ingredients well
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- When serving, top each bowl with shredded cheese.
Very easy to prepare, especially since I chopped the onion and cooked the meat the night before, so when it came time to put the ingredients together, it was pretty much "zip zip zip!" Even with only 1/2 the onion, it was a bit too oniony for my personal taste, but my husband wolfed down a big bowl and froze the rest for later consumption. Overall a good chili.