6 hrs 15 mins
Miss Tinkerbell's Note:
This is my variation of chili. I usually cook it with ground venison, though it tastes just as good with ground beef, and I am sure ground turkey would be fine as well. I use a 4.5 qt slow cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb venison
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 15 1/2 ounces light red kidney beans, drained
- 15 1/2 ounces dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1Cook and drain meat.
- 2Add all ingredients except cheese to the crock pot.
- 3Mix ingredients well
- 4Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- 5When serving, top each bowl with shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Hearty Chili With Beef or Venison
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 1294.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 33.8 g