Recipe by grandma2969
I use Kitchen Bouquet for the browning and seasoning sauce
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 7/30/12 for mine and my SO's dinner. There were a few changes made to the recipe,I used the full amount of the carrots,potatoes,and onion.I only had a little over a pound of stew meat,which was tossed with the flour,salt& pepper. For a bit more color, the flour coated meat was browned in a bit of hamburger "drippings". I didn't have any celery, so a couple of shakes of dried celery flakes were used.No beef broth was on hand, so 1 cup of water and a beef bouillon cube was used. For the paprika, a Smoked Spanish Paprika was used. After adding the remaining ingredients, it only took about 6 hours for the stew to be done. Thanks for a recipe that will be made again. " Keep Smiling :) "
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons browning sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- arrange vegetables in a slow cooker -- top with beef chunks.set aside.
- mix flour, salt, pepper and sprinkle over meat.
- stir well -- add remaining ingredients.
- cover, heat on low setting for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours --
- remove and discard bay leaf.
- You know I find it easy to convert any favorite stre recipe from stove top to slow cooker -- if it usually simmmers 35-45 minutes.that equals 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high -- Recipes that cook 1-3 hours will be done in 8-12 hours on low or 4-6 on high.at least that is what I use as a guideline.