Recipe by ShortieNJ
This comes from my 365 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes, it's very similiar to another one i found here, but there's a few differences
Top Review by Outnumbered By Peanuts
We tried this for dinner last night. I loved how easy to prepare it was, and we had everything on hand - which made it very convenient. I cooked in my slow cooker for just about 5 hours and served over rice. It was good, but I think next time I will reduce the amount of ground ginger a little due to my family's tastes. I only used 3 chicken breasts, and it still didn't seem like there was quite as much sauce for us as we would have liked. We'll add it in as an idea to use occasionally for something different. Thanks for posting this convenient option so we could try something different!
- 6 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple slices (with juice)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- cooked rice (to serve with)
Directions See How It's Made
- place chicken breasts in slow cooker, sprinkle with a little salt.
- place pineapple slices over chicken.
- combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon juice, ginger, and cornstarch, stir until cornstarch mixes with liquids, pour over chicken.
- cover, cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2 1/2-3 hours.