From the FoodTV website, this soup has wonderful flavour and is so easy to prepare. Serve with multigrain bread and corn on the cob for a complete meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked beans (Use beans in maple syrup if you can)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash Herb and Garlic blend)
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a non-stick pan and pour off the fat.
- Add to the slow cooker and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.