Recipe by sweeney1992
I tried this one Sunday when I didn't have my usual pot rost seasoning and my family loved it. The gravy is thin, which we like, but it can be thickened with flour or cornstarch.
Top Review by Lorraine of AZ
What a tasty way to use up the last of the St. Patrick's Day guinness! We loved the flavor of this roast and the fact that it was a one-pot meal. It's easy to put together, too. I'm still enjoying the leftovers!
- 3 -4 lbs chuck or 3 -4 lbs boneless bottom round roast
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 5 red potatoes, cleaned and halved
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Beef and Onion Soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Guinness stout