Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I tried this one Sunday when I didn't have my usual pot rost seasoning and my family loved it. The gravy is thin, which we like, but it can be thickened with flour or cornstarch.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck or 3 -4 lbs boneless bottom round roast
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 5 red potatoes, cleaned and halved
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Beef and Onion Soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Guinness stout
- put vegetables in bottom of slow cooker.
- place meat on top.
- sprinkle meat with onion soup mix.
- add bottle of Guinness
- cook on low 8 hours.
What a tasty way to use up the last of the St. Patrick's Day guinness! We loved the flavor of this roast and the fact that it was a one-pot meal. It's easy to put together, too. I'm still enjoying the leftovers!