Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a perfect and super easy holiday dessert. It is moist and rich and the hidden veggies make it great for the kids
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and allspice in a medium bowl.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is creamy. Beat in the eggs and molasses.
- Reduce the speed to low. Alternately beat in the flour mixture and the vegetable juice. Stir in the cherries. Pour the batter into the cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Spoon the gingerbread into bowls. Top with the whipped cream, if desired.