1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Ginger Beef Stew
A taste of the Far East. Thick ginger sauce coats tender beef, water chestnuts and snow peas. Great served over rice noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, wedged
- 1 medium carrot, diagonally sliced
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1Layer the first 4 ingredients, in order given, in 3 1/2 to 4 quart (3.5 to 4 L) slow cooker.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan on medium. Add beef. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- 3Add ginger and garlic. Hear and stir for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- 4Add water, sherry and brown sugar. Stir. Bring to a boil. Pour over vegetables. DO NOT STIR. Cover. Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- 5Stir soy sauce into cornstarch in a small cup until smooth. Add to beef mixture. Stir. Add snow peas. Stir well. Cover. Cook on high for about 10 minutes until snow peas are tender-crisp and sauce is thickened.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Ginger Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.7
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 902.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 23.2 g