9 hrs 15 mins
Start this take on beef roast in your slow cooker for a ginger-fresh version of the one-dish hit. Roll with the Asian theme - serve with rice and sugar snap peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle beef with peppered seasoned salt. Cook beef in skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, until brown on both sides.
- 2Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place beef in cooked (if necessary, cut beef in half to fit in cooker.) Mix stir-fry sauce, ketchup, vinegar and ginger in small bowl; pour over beef.
- 3Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- 4Place beef on platter; cover to keep warm. Add stir-fry vegetables to mixture in cooker. Increase heat setting on HIGH. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove netting or string from beef, if needed. Serve pepper mixture with beef.
- 5SUCCESS HINT: Although it's tempting, avoid peeking in the slow cooker during cooking. Lifting the lid lets steam escape, and steam helps with the cooking.
- 6TIME-SAVER: Browning the meat adds flavor and helps seel in the juices, but if you're short on time, you can skip this step.
- 7SERVE-WITH: Serve this Asian-influenced roast on a bed of hot cooked rice or Asian noodles, along with steamed sugar snap peas.
- 8NOTE: This is also excellent with Snap Pea Stir-Fry Veggie Mix.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Ginger Beef Roast
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 179.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen peppers and onions