1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Ginger-Beef Noodle Soup
4 hrs 20 mins
Recipe is by Grace Parisi, posted at foodandwine.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef chuck, in one piece
- 8 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced peeled ginger
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 star anise, pod
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushroom, caps only, thickly sliced
- 3 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh Chinese egg noodles or 1 lb thick japanese udon noodles
- toasted sesame oil or hot chili oil, for serving
- 1In a slow cooker, combine the meat with the broth, water, soy sauce, ginger, onion, garlic and star anise. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, until the meat is tender. Transfer the meat to a plate and let cool slightly. Using 2 forks, pull the meat into thick shreds.
- 2Strain the broth, discarding the solids. Return the broth to the cooker. Add the shiitakes, scallions and shredded meat. Cook on high for 15 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente. Drain well.
- 4Add the noodles to the soup. Serve in deep bowls, passing the sesame or chili oil at the table.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Ginger-Beef Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (770 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.6
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 142.0 mg
- Sodium 2625.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: