Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From Glutenfreely.com. I used bone-in ribs and picked them out, then reused them to make pork broth in the slow cooker overnight. Very tasty. I also let it cook for 9 hours and it wasn't dry.
- 4 slices gluten-free bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless country-style pork ribs (6-7)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet to large bowl; reserve drippings in skillet.
- Sprinkle both sides of ribs with salt and pepper; cook in drippings until browned.
- Meanwhile, stir cabbage, apples and onion into bacon in bowl.
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place ribs in cooker, reserving drippings in skillet. Spoon cabbage mixture over ribs.
- Stir vinegar, apple juice and sugar into drippings in skillet; heat to boiling. Pour over ribs and cabbage mixture.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours. To serve, use slotted spoon to remove cabbage mixture and ribs from cooker.