Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is hands-down the easiest potato soup recipe ever. German potato soup is hearty and provides the perfect warm-up for a cold winter day. Using prepared hash browns for the potato base makes it a no-muss, no-fuss recipe with very little kitchen clean up. This German potato soup also freezes well, so make a double batch to have on hand for that Sunday dinner when you don’t feel like cooking.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cooked, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 28 ounces Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, defrosted
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 5 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, place sausage, diced potatoes, sauerkraut and mustard. Pour chicken broth over all and gently stir. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours (or 2 to 4 hours on high-heat setting).