Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 15 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home. I used 2 rabbit fryers, cut-up. The original recipe is for chicken.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Garlic Rabbit or Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 40 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 fryer rabbits, cut up, about 4 lbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Peel garlic cloves, place in bottom of crock pot with sliced celery.
- Heat oil, salt and pepper rabbit, brown rabbit pieces, place on top of garlic and celery in slow cooker.
- Combine other ingredients and pour over rabbit.
- Cook on low about 4 hours.