Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Delicious and easy!
- 1 (5 lb) roasting chickens, rinsed and skinned
- 2 lemons, halved
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 3 pieces each
- Place rosemary springs, 1 lemon half, celery, onion wedges, and 6 garlic cloves in cavity of chicken and tie legs together.
- Place chicken breast side up in 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Squeeze remaining 3 lemon halves over chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika (discard lemons after squeezing).
- Cover with lid and cook on high heat setting for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook six hours or until chicken is tender.
- Discard the rosemary and lemon half.
- Serve chicken with celery and onion.
Very tender and juicy - had trouble getting the chicken out o the slow cooker as it all slid off the bone! Hubby doesn't like roast chicken as he finds it dry, but this was much more to his liking. Also left me with a lovely chicken stock for use in other recipes!