Recipe by hansje54
The Everything Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
Top Review by WiGal
I quartered my bread and tried to soak it before putting in crock pot. Think it needs more eggs. Made a half batch in a 4 quart crock pot (with 3 eggs) and it was done in 5 1/2 hours on low. Served mine with two choices--apple topping or maple syrup. Made for Fall PAC 2011. Thanks hansje54 for sharing.
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray. Layer the bread in the slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, evaporated milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over the bread.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove the lid and cook uncovered for 30 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.