1/2 Photos of Slow Cooker French Dip
7 hrs 10 mins
Don't like sweet peppers? In their place, try a sprig of rosemary for more flavor. I've not added salt for fear some would think it too salty, but my preference is to salt lightly. The roast and juices are perfect for a New Orleans-style "roast beef on French". Great for football parties, etc. Can be made ahead, frozen and rewarmed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs rump roast (or bottom round, sirloin, etc.)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 beef bouillon, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 green pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 8 French rolls or 2 French baguettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1Place roast in slow cooker. Cover with broth, bouillon, water, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic, onions and peppers, if using. Salt the roast, if desired.
- 2Cook low for 7-9 hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Split rolls or baguettes and brush with olive oil.
- 5Toast in oven until lightly browned.
- 6Top with cheese and toast until cheese just begins to melt.
- 7Thinly slice meat against grain and place on buns.
- 8Top with peppers and onions and serve with remaining juices for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker French Dip
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.2
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 189.4 mg
- Sodium 900.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 58.2 g