Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a great recipe for working people, just make in the morning before work and it is ready for you when you get home. Also it is great for get togathers people will think that you spent all day makeing this.
- 4 -5 lbs rump roast
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) canor bottle dark beer
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 French rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker.
- Add the beef broth, onion soup, soy sauce and beer.
- Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Split French rolls, and spread with butter.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls.
- Serve the sauce for dipping.
I toasted my rolls with butter, garlic and a little Italian seasoning, the French dips were to-die-for good! Thanks for posting this great recipe!
Yum, yum, yum! I made this with regular beer, added some garlic powder (just because!), some thyme and a bay leaf. Easy and tasty. I especially liked the rolls being baked to make them crispier - it added to the whole eating esperience. Served with cole slaw in a cream dressing and dill pickles. I love easy recipes where the taste belies the simplicity of preparation.