Recipe by Kate S.
This was one of those 'moment of desperation' discoveries that was an incredible hit with my family. Leftovers were great cold. I'm writing it down so I can make it again. Next time I might try adding 1 t rosemary, and not using the bell pepper.
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic (I used powdered, but fresh minced would be better)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 red bell pepper, 1/2-inch dice
Directions See How It's Made
- Around breakfast time, place pork loin in slow cooker (mine was frozen solid when I put it in).
- Drizzle the surface with olive oil and then vinegar (I didn't measure, so 1/4 c and 2 T are just rough guesses).
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic, and fennel seed evenly over the surface.
- Dice bell pepper and toss on top of the loin.
- Turn slow cooker on lowest setting, and leave until dinner.