Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Slow cooking ensures meltingly tender results in this rich and satisfying pork stew packed with apples, butternut squash and parsnips...it's delish!
- 907.18 g boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 304.75 g can Campbell's French onion soup
- 118.29 ml apple cider or 118.29 ml apple juice
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2.46 ml dried thyme leaves, crushed
- Stir the pork, soup, cider, apples, squash, parsnips and thyme in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the pork is fork-tender.
- TIME-SAVING: This recipe may also be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- FOR THICKER GRAVY, stir 1/5 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir the flour mixture in the cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.