8 hrs 20 mins
Slow cooking ensures meltingly tender results in this rich and satisfying pork stew packed with apples, butternut squash and parsnips...it's delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's French onion soup
- 1/2 cup apple cider or 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1Stir the pork, soup, cider, apples, squash, parsnips and thyme in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the pork is fork-tender.
- 3TIME-SAVING: This recipe may also be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- 4FOR THICKER GRAVY, stir 1/5 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir the flour mixture in the cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Fall Harvest Pork Stew
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.7
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 358.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: