Recipe by Maggiecme
Originally posted by Linda Larsen on the About.com guide. This easy and healthy crockpot beef stew is high in protein and vitamin C.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 ounce fajita seasoning mix
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from beef and cut into 2" pieces. Combine with onion and garlic in a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Mix together fajita seasoning mix and undrained tomatoes and pour over beef. Place peppers on top. Cover crockpot and stir well. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve stew with hot cooked rice or hot couscous.