Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Originally posted by Linda Larsen on the About.com guide. This easy and healthy crockpot beef stew is high in protein and vitamin C.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 ounce fajita seasoning mix
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Trim excess fat from beef and cut into 2" pieces. Combine with onion and garlic in a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Mix together fajita seasoning mix and undrained tomatoes and pour over beef. Place peppers on top. Cover crockpot and stir well. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve stew with hot cooked rice or hot couscous.
This was OK for us. I followed the recipe exactly as written and it was quick and easy to make. My family just wasn't crazy about it.
This recipe tastes like pepper steak. We liked it but I didn't think it tasted like fajitas very much. A good fix-it -and-forget-it recipe to add to my collection of recipes. I would definetely make it again.