Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Love this recipe. From a low carb slow cooker book by Broihier & Mayone.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Egg Custard recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons softened butter
- 8 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whole milk (I used low carb soymilk)
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- whipped cream
- Grease slow cooker with the butter (leave excess in crock); set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all ingredients except cinnamon and whipped cream.
- Mix well and pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. At the end of the cooking time gently touch the top of the custard to make sure it is set.
- If not set cook 1/2 hour more, if set leave the crock uncovered and let the custard sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Slice and garnish with a sprinkle of the cinnamon or nutmeg and whipped cream if you like.