1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Egg Casserole With Sausage and Red Pepper
4 hrs 20 mins
I love the versatility of the slow cooker. I recently discovered the art and science of overnight slow cooking. I love the idea of waking up to a hot breakfast, ready in the slow cooker. And I love the idea of slow cooking a batch of granola or grits, and that it's waiting for me to enjoy in the morning. This recipe works beautifully in the slow cooker. There are no limits to this recipe. It could be used for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you like to enjoy it for breakfast, simply cook it overnight. *After the four hours are up, the slow cooker will switch to "warm" setting and keep it warm for you into the early morning hours. If you'd like to have this for lunch, simply start it after cleaning up your breakfast dishes. And if you'd like to serve this for dinner, set the slow cooker on LOW around 1:30 or 2 p.m. and dinner will be waiting for you when you get home from errands and/or practice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium skillet, brown the sausage. Drain and set on paper towels until ready.
- 2Spray the bottom of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add bread pieces, diced red pepper, chopped red onion and browned sausage to the base of the slow cooker.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Pour the egg mixture over the bread and sausage in the slow cooker. Set on HIGH and cook for 4 hours.
- 5Enjoy this Slow Cooker Egg Casserole with Sausage and Red Pepper with some fresh fruit. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 6Do you ever make breakfast in the slow cooker? If so, what are your favorite recipes?.
- 7*Make sure you have the right kind of slow cooker that allows for this.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Egg Casserole With Sausage and Red Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 312.4 mg
- Sodium 860.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 21.7 g