Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A Delicious Easy Spicy Soup you can throw into the crock pot in the morning :) My prefrence is 1/2 Lb each for the meats but if you like a lot of meat feel free to use the whole ammount :) Goes perfect with cornbread too!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb spicy bulk sausage (casings removed)
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes and green chilies
- 14 1⁄2 ounces green beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- Combine the beef, sausage, and onions together, and roll into balls.
- Spray Crockpot with pam and place meatballs inside.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients (but NOT the rice!) and pour over the meatballs.
- Cover, cook on low 6-8 hours.
- 20 minute Before serving, stir in the rice and replace the lid.
I was nervouse about this one, but it turned out great! I followed the recipe exactly. I wasn't sure if there would be enough broth, but the condensation from the slow cooker made all of the broth. My husband loved it and it will be in my rotation of recipes from now on! Thanks!
This was a nice meal. There appeared to not be any liquid for the soup, so I added 4 cups beef stock. I made on the stove, as I couldn't get up early enough to put on the crockpot. Made for ZWT5 by a fellow Hell's Kitchen Angel.
I made this for our Saturday ( lazy day) supper and it was great!! Just a word of caution: You DO NOT need spicy sausage!!! It is spicy enough on its own.(Unless you're a daredevil........)