Recipe by PickleLover
A Delicious Easy Spicy Soup you can throw into the crock pot in the morning :) My prefrence is 1/2 Lb each for the meats but if you like a lot of meat feel free to use the whole ammount :) Goes perfect with cornbread too!
Top Review by Slow Cooking girl
I was nervouse about this one, but it turned out great! I followed the recipe exactly. I wasn't sure if there would be enough broth, but the condensation from the slow cooker made all of the broth. My husband loved it and it will be in my rotation of recipes from now on! Thanks!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb spicy bulk sausage (casings removed)
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes and green chilies
- 14 1⁄2 ounces green beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the beef, sausage, and onions together, and roll into balls.
- Spray Crockpot with pam and place meatballs inside.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients (but NOT the rice!) and pour over the meatballs.
- Cover, cook on low 6-8 hours.
- 20 minute Before serving, stir in the rice and replace the lid.