1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Easy Pot Roast With Rich Tomato Gravy
6 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is just so good. The roast comes out nice a tender with great gravy. I got this recipe from the 150 best slow cooker recipes, by Judith Finlayson. I have made 3 things out of this book at the time being and every thing is very good. I will post more as I come by my favs. REMEMBER: That you should know your slow cooker. Slow cookers vary in cooking speed, hence the reason why there is a gap in cooking time. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast or 3 -4 lbs cross-rib roasts or 3 -4 lbs rump roast, about
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed beef broth (undiluted)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional) or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (optional)
- 1Pat roast dry with paper towel.
- 2In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add roast and cook, turning, until brown on all sides, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- 4Transfer to slow cooker.
- 5Reduce heat to medium.
- 6Add onions, celery and carrots to pan and cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened.
- 7Add garlic, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 8Sprinkle mixture with flour and stir.
- 9Add tomato soup and beef broth and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 10Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- 11Pour mixture over roast, cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours, until meat is very tender.
- 12Remove roast from slow cooker and place on serving platter.
- 13Stir in brown sugar and vinegar, if using, to pan juices.
- 14Pour sauce over roast or serve in a separate sauce boat.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Easy Pot Roast With Rich Tomato Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 1252.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 52.8 g