1/5 Photos of Slow Cooker Dulce De Leche
8 hrs 5 mins
No more worries about popping pressurized cans or watching the stove for hours on end. Let your slow cooker turn sweetened condensed milk into this decadent foolproof dulce de leche.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and remove the labels from your cans of sweetened condensed milk. Make sure the cans are undented and unopened.
- 2Stand your cans up in the slow cooker and pour water in to cover cans fully.
- 3Cook on low for at least 8 hours (I've gone up to 12 hours once when I forgot about the cans, results were still good). You could probably do this on high for 4-5 hours but I haven't tried it.
- 4Allow to cool fully before opening the can. Store in refrigerator.
- 5If you open the can and find that it's not golden enough (highly unlikely), scoop out contents into a saucepan and simmer on low until desired color.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Dulce De Leche
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.1
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g