Cook8 hrs 30 mins
It is nice to get the cooking done early in the day while the kids are at school. Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles.
- Heat oil in a skillet over med/high heat.
- Put flour, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag and mix well. Add the cube steaks one at a time, close bag, and shake to coat in flour.
- Add steaks to hot oil and brown on each side. Transfer steaks to the slow cooker.
- Add sliced onion rings and 2 cups of water to the crockpot as well.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Mix together gravy mix, onion soup mix and the cream of mushroom soup with the last 1 cup of water. Add this to the slow cooker and mix gently so you do not tear up the steaks.
- Cook the cube steaks and gravy for 3 minutes longer. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.