Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is the best spaghetti sauce and meatballs I have ever made. And super easy too. . .took me about 15 minutes of prep work! It's a thick sauce and is a crowd pleaser. Perfect over noodles or, better yet, to make a meatball sandwich!
Top Review by Vseward (Chef~V)
This IS a *Marvelous* meal. So easy to prepare, layer in the crockpot and go about your day. The flavors were so italiano, my first time using the pepperidge sage stuffing and I think that is a key ingredient. My family enjoyed this spaghetti with meatballs very much. I made the meatballs small so that my little guy could pop'm in his mouth like the rest of us. I will definitely make this again. Thanks For Sharing Hugs ~V
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm stuffing, dry cubes (I use onion & sage)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (substitute Andrea's sauce if you have access to it)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (substitute Tastefully Simple Onion Onion if you have it)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 24 ounces four cheese pasta sauce (I use Hunt's in a can)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients (stuffing down to onion flakes).
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with mushrooms and peppers.
- Cover with Spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce.
- DO NOT stir, just shake the pot a bit to get the sauce down toward the bottom.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, but NO MORE. The meatballs will really start to fall apart if they are overcooked.
- Stir after about 3 hours, then stir once per hour if you can.
- Serve over noodles or make into meatball sandwiches!