Recipe by BlondieItaliana
Simple but tasty slow cooked pork roast recipe. The pork comes out very moist & tender with great flavor. This is a great recipe that you can cook in half the time on high, but mostly I cook it on low when I'm out of the house longer than 6-8 hours. You can also add additional seasonings to fit your tastes, sometimes I add Rosemary or Thyme or Basil or Oregano or Garlic or Onion Powder... etc... This also works well with thick cut pork chops too instead of loin roast.
Top Review by Ck2plz
I loved it! I used 2 pork tenderloins equally 3.99 lb. I cooked on high for 5.5 hours. I could not find Saucy Susan sauce but I bet it would make it even better. I used apricot jam without missing any flavor. I increased the jam as well. I will mix in 1T (I will play with the amount) minced garlic instead of the cloves. I did not like the taste of the pork more concentrated with the garlic. Yummy!
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 1 large yellow onion (sliced into 3 very thick slices)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup Saucy Susan peach apricot sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat bottom of crock pot with olive oil then add the 3 thick slices of onion.
- Place roast on top of the onion slices (onion makes a little shelf for roast so it does not stick to bottom of crock). Season pork as desired, insert garlic cloves randomly into meat then coat entire roast with "Saucy Susan" (if you absolutely cannot find "Saucy Susan", substitute with equal parts peach & apricot jelly).
- Add the can of sauerkraut (undrained) and the broth to crock trying not to wash seasonings & sauce off of roast while adding.
- Cover with lid & cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 8-10 hours.