Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a great easy Cajun dish that you can make in your Crock Pot! This will serve 4 - 6.
- 2 cups diced boiled ham
- 2 medium onions, coarsley chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon leaves thyme
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 cup raw converted long grain rice
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled & cleaned
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in Crock Pot EXCEPT shrimp.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- One hour before serving, turn Crock Pot to high.
- Stir in uncooked shrimp.
- Cover and cook until shrimp are pink and tender.
- Serve and Enjoy!